Mai is a Partner in the Advisory Services and Audit & Assurance Practice Areas of P&A Grant Thornton. She is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, and EQA/EMCC Certified Coach at Practitioner Level. She also heads the Firm’s Markets Group, which handles public and press relations, external communications, and business development.
In addition to her client-servicing responsibilities, she was head of the Firm’s Training Group for a number of years.
Mai has been in public accounting since she started her professional career in 1991. She has gained wide-ranging experience in the audit of local and multinational companies in various industries. She also has significant experience in the performance of IPO. As a management accountant, Mai also has extensive knowledge in strategic business analysis and strategic cost management.
For a year and a half, Mai worked with the New York office of a leading international accounting firm, where she specialized in the audit of major real estate Company in the United States. Mai has been a regular resource speaker on various P&A public and in-house seminars. She was the lead audit partner of the special audit engagement team that won the 2008 Founders Award, the highest form of recognition for team excellence at P&A.
Mai completed the Strategic Marketing Management Program from the Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford University California. She was also a part of the Management Development Program of the Asian Institute of Management, gaining a mark of Superior Performance. Mai also received her Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, cum laude, from the University of the East.
- Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Director, Eastern Metro Manila Region)
- Association of Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice (ACPAPP)
- Institute of Internal Auditors of the Philippines (IIA-P)
- Shareholders Association of the Philippines (SharePhil)
- Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines (FINEX)
- Distinguished Alumni Award, University of the East - Caloocan College of Business Administration Alumni Association
- One of the Outstanding PICPA Chapter Presidents, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Eastern Metro Manila Chapter
- GARCA Award-Continuing Excellence Award, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Founders Award, P&A Grant Thornton