Specialism / Function
Audit and Assurance
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
The Audit Senior Manager leads client audit engagements, which include planning, executing, directing and completing financial audits.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide guidance and expertise to professional staff and participate in the conduct of a wide range of audit and assurance services, with a particular focus on complex and specialized issues, including audits, controls reviews, remediation projects, and assistance with regulatory compliance;
- Plan engagement objectives to ensure compliance with professional standards and appropriately address risk. Prepare and review management communications, proposals budgets, and negotiate fees and overruns;
- Review and approve for signing all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients;
- Identify new business opportunities. Understand our service lines and actively assess ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long term relationships and networks both internally and externally;
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of engagement proposals that are consistent with the Firm’s quality standards;
- Manage planning of engagements which includes the assessment of audit risks and tailoring of audit procedures for audit jobs and staffing plans for all types of engagements;
- Ensure that engagements—including the use of specialists, staff from other offices, and assistance from the Technical Standards Group—are properly planned and coordinated;
- Prepare and validate working papers and analyse those that cannot be handled at an in-charge or staff assistant’s level;
- Assign duties and responsibilities to staff, including in-charges and managers, and ensures that such duties and responsibilities are carried out properly and in accordance with the Firm’s quality standards;
- Conduct regular site visits to ensures that the engagement team receives adequate supervision and observe proper protocol in dealing with clients;
- Ensure that the work of specialists—including corporate finance, tax, and valuation services—is in accordance with requirements set for them and properly reviewed;
- Conduct meetings or, when the engagement partner is present and opts to preside, assists the engagement partner in conducting meetings (with the engagement team and/or client team);
- Provide timely feedback and updates to the engagement partner regarding the progress of the engagement;
- Bring to the engagement partner's attention appropriate matters/issues (with suggested resolutions) that require his attention and decision;
- Review deliverables such as income tax returns, financial statements, and audit reports for financial audits, and report on findings and recommendations; ensures the timely completion of such deliverables;
- Ascertain that the engagement documentation is complete and appropriately reviewed; and support the report that will be issued;
- Supervise the cleaning up and archiving of working papers within the prescribed period for archiving;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to him by the Engagement Partner or as may be required by the nature of engagement.
- Understand the clients’ industry, key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments;
- Maintain relationships with other engagement teams and monitor team progress against plan and drive performance as required;
- Establish a good working relationship with the officers and staff of every client;
- Keep a close business and social relationship with the clients while keeping independence in appearance and in fact as required by the Code of Ethics of CPAs;
- Keep clients aware of significant development in accounting standards and other areas that affect their businesses;
- Attend to clients’ queries and requests;
- Exhibit professionalism and good conduct in dealings with clients, prospects, and non-clients.
- Develop team members by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Develop technical expertise –both functional and industry;
- Ensure that every in-charge and staff assistant’s time is utilized productively and efficiently during and after engagements;
- Provide timely feedback to assistants about their job performance, i.e., their strong and weak points and how they can improve;
- Accomplish and discuss Performance Review Reports (PRRs) with Engagement In-charge immediately after every engagement;
- Review and approve staff assistants’ PRRs, which are accomplished by Engagement In-charges;
- Participate in an annual performance review process/deliberations on the overall performance of in-charges and staff assistants.
- Ensure that clients are billed on a timely basis and prompt payment is achieved;
- Submit an accurate time report in a timely manner;
- Expected to have shown an on-going commitment to their personal and professional development through continuing education and development;
- Ensure that in-charges and assistants working on his engagement submit accurate time reports;
- Approve reimbursable expenses, overtime and time reports of in-charges and staff in a timely manner;
- Review the time charges regularly to ensure that these are within budget and to provide explanation for those exceeding budget;
- Assist partners in pursuing new clients or jobs with existing clients;
- Assist the partner in collecting receivables;
- Review reports and deliverables of other engagement teams when requested in accordance with the quality control policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
- At least eight years of external audit experience, three years of which is in managerial level;
- Ideally with exposure to different industries;
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques.
- Excellent project management, analytical and problem-solving skills
We offer you competitive salary and benefits, many opportunities to grow, the chance to work directly with local and multinational clients, the freedom to create novel solutions, and all the rewards of working with some of the brightest people in one of the largest audit, tax, and advisory firms in the Philippines.
You may send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title as the subject of the e-mail. You can also call +632 988-2288 local 719 or 0917-550-9744 for more information.