Specialism / Function
Audit and Assurance
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
The Audit In-Charge leads staff on client audit engagements, which include planning, executing, and completing financial audits.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide input to, and works closely with, Engagement Manager in planning and scheduling work to be done on engagements, including the preparation of estimated time budgets and staffing requirements
- Participate and document the engagement planning and risk assessment meetings
- Develop an audit plan, in coordination with the engagement manager or partner, which includes understanding the client’s business and industry, and government regulations and requirements affecting the client
- Ensure that requests for necessary audit schedules and documents are sent to the client ahead of the scheduled fieldwork
- Tailor procedures in the methodology tool in consultation with the Engagement Manager or Partner, as warranted by the client’s business practices, identified risks, and accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that staff assistants receive adequate supervision and observes proper protocol in dealing with clients
- Assign specific responsibilities to staff assistants based on the latter’s experience and capabilities
- Ensure that staff assistants understand their responsibilities and that they are provided with appropriate on-the-job training
- Perform detailed work procedures that cannot be delegated to staff assistants such as overall analysis of the client’s business and its effects to its financial statements as well as detailed analysis on certain critical financial statement accounts of the client
- Supervise and review the work of staff assistants including supervision during the observation of physical inventory and capital assets count
- Perform preliminary review of financial statements, audit reports, and income tax returns, and management letters in preparation for the review of the engagement manager
- Ensure that the planned audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy the Firm’s audit objectives and support the report; and ensures that the Firm's workpaper standards are complied with
- Ensure that the engagement team meets the client’s set deadline
- Perform the cleaning up and archiving of the Explorer file and other working papers at the conclusion of every engagement and within the prescribed period of archiving.
- Provide timely feedback to staff assistants about their job performance, i.e., their strong and weak points and areas for improvement
- Accomplish and discuss Performance Review Reports (PRRs) of staff assistants immediately after every engagement
- Participate in an annual performance review process through deliberations on the overall performance of staff assistants
- Candidate must possess atleast Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam) in Finance/Accountancy/ Banking or equivalent.
- At least five year(s) of work experience in the related field as required for this position.
- Preferrably Supervisor/5 years & up experienced employee specialized in Finance - Audit/Taxation or equivalent.
We offer you competitive salary and benefits, many opportunities to grow, the chance to work directly with local and multinational clients, the freedom to create novel solutions, and all the rewards of working with some of the brightest people in one of the largest audit, tax, and advisory firms in the Philippines.
You may send your application to email@example.com, with the position title as the subject of the e-mail. You can also call +632 988-2288 local 719 or 0917-550-9744 for more information.