Specialism / Function
Practice Support Services Division
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
The Database Administrator (DBA) will help keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the firm for both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development of processes for optimizing database security
- Facilitate maintenance of database standards and management of database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems
- Install, upgrade and manage database applications
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors and monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies
- Create and assist in the creation of database reports, visualizations and dashboards
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users if needed
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regulary to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related fields
- At least one year of experience as a Database Admin on Windows platform and in administering SQL/Pervasive, Oracle, Linux/UNIX
- Understanding of performance monitoring tools, index and query optimization
- Knowledge of SQL Server architecture, such as objects, schemas, system database, SQL Services and SQL Agent
- Knowledge of SQL Server backup/restore and other maintenance strategies
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve SQL Server performance issues
- Experience writing SQL statements
- Knowledge in ITIL, SQL and Oracle
- Exposure with project management fundamentals
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to work quickly under pressure
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in global matrix teams
- Willing to work overtime
- Available on-call
TOTAL YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 1
We offer you competitive salary and benefits, many opportunities to grow, the chance to work directly with local and multinational clients, the freedom to create novel solutions, and all the rewards of working with some of the brightest people in one of the largest audit, tax, and advisory firms in the Philippines.
You may send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title as the subject of the e-mail. You can also call +632 988-2288 local 719 or 0917-550-9744 for more information.