Wendell is a Deputy Head of Tax Advisory & Compliance and Audit & Assurance Partner, responsible overall for the prompt and efficient delivery of quality service to tax and audit clients and in training and developing the skills of high-performance staff.
Wendell has almost 30 years of professional experience in public practice. In addition to his extensive tax experience, he also has several years of experience in the financial audit of local and multinational companies.
Wendell specializes in tax compliance and advisory work. He also represents clients in tax assessment cases before the Bureau of Internal Revenue and Local Government Units.
Wendell is a regular resource speaker for various PICPA, FINEX, ACPAPP, ACPACI, Phil. Export Cebu, and P&A Grant Thornton public seminars. He also contributes newspaper articles to BusinessWorld, The Manila Times, and Mindanao Times. He is also one of the mentors of the Department of Trade and Industry and Go Negosyo’s Kapatid Mentor Me Program.
Wendell earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree, Major in Accounting, at Silliman University.
- Vice-Chair of Taxation Committee (2022-2023) of Philippine Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Inc.
- Former Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services Practice Area (2020-2022), Board of Trustees (2018-2022) and Treasurer (2019-2022), Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI)
- Former President 2018, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) – Cebu Chapter
- Former President (2016), Financial Executives Institute of Cebu, Inc.
- Member, Association of Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice (ACPAPP)
- Founding Member, Tax Management Association of the Philippines (TMAP) – Cebu Chapter
- Member, People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP) Cebu, Inc.
- Founders Award (2017), P&A Grant Thornton
- Primus Award (2008), P&A Grant Thornton