No extension to file/pay Annual ITR: Filing and Payment Guidelines for Annual ITR due on April 15, 2020
(Revenue Memorandum Circular No. 25-2020, March 17, 2020)
This Tax Alert is issued to inform all concerned on the filing and payment guidelines for the Annual Income Tax Return (ITR) due on April 15, 2020.
- Despite the one-month lockdown of the National Capital Region to prevent further spread of COVID-19, the BIR announced that the filing and payment deadline for the 2019 annual ITR shall not be extended. Thus, taxpayers are encouraged to still file and pay on or before April 15, 2020.
- If returns are filed within the April 15 deadline, amendments shall not be subject to penalties if done on or before June 15, 2020.
- Required attachments to the electronically filed annual ITR can be submitted to the RDO where the taxpayer is registered until June 15, 2020.
- Taxpayers who are not mandated to use electronic filing and payment system (eFPS) and eBIRForms are encouraged to use these online facilities to limit the taxpayer’s exposure to persons who may be carriers or are infected.
- Below are the prescribed modes of filing and payment of the annual ITR: