April 15 ITR Filing Guidelines
BIR Bank Bulletin No. 2014-08 provides the following simplified guidelines in the filing and acceptance of income tax returns (ITRs) which shall be in effect from April 1 to 15, 2014:
1. Two or more checks and/or a combination of cash and check/s in payment for a single tax liability is allowed subject to the provisions of Revenue Regulations No. 16-2002.
2. All Authorized Agent Banks (AABs) shall receive the ITR by stamping the official BIR receiving seal in the three copies of the returns. ITRs in excess of three (3) copies shall not be stamped “RECEIVED” by the AABs. In case of corporations and other juridical persons, at least two (2) extra copies of the audited financial statements for filing with the SEC shall be stamped “RECEIVED”.
However, AABs under Revenue Regions (RR) No. 2 (Cordillera Region), RR 7 (Quezon City) and RR 9 (San Pablo City) shall receive and stamp only two (2) copies of ITRs. The original copy shall be the BIR/RDO copy while the duplicate copy is the taxpayer’s copy.
3. The financial statements accompanying the ITRs shall be stamped received only on the page of the Audit Certificate, the Balance Sheet and the Income Statement. The other pages of the financial statement and its attachments shall not be stamped.
4. Use of photo copies or electronic/computer generated ITRs is allowed in lieu of the officially printed forms. However, the said ITR forms should be originally filled out and signed by the taxpayer or his/her authorized representative, and conform with the provisions of RMC 61-2012. The ITR should be printed in polio size bond paper (8.5” x 13”), portrait orientation/layout and page set up margins shall be Left: 0.146, Right: 0.148, Top: 0.14, Bottom: 0.14 inches). All ITRs and/or deposit slips should be machine-validated by the AABs.
5. There will be an extension of banking hours up to 5:00 pm from April 1, to 15, 2014 pursuant to Bank Bulletin 2014-04. AABs shall not refuse acceptance of returns from taxpayers who are within the premises of their banks by the close of extended banking hours during the period.
Please see attach copy of BB 2014-08