Updates on Government Mandated Benefits
This Outsourcing Alert is issued to inform all concerned on the updates on government mandated benefits from Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), Pag-IBIG Fund, and Social Security System (SSS).
PhilHealth to release Php 30 billion to hospitals amid fight against Covid-19
PhilHealth will release P30 billion to accredited hospitals in line with the government’s response against COVID-19. Moreover, they added that they have extended the deadline for payment of contributions of self-paying members until the end of April 2020. PhilHealth added that apart from the testing fee, Filipinos can avail of a P14,000 health package if they get quarantined for COVID-19. The total amount will provide P1,000 for each day of isolation. COVID-19 positive patients may also seek a beneficiary package of up to P32,000 which is usually provided for severe pneumonia cases.
Please see https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/news/2020/fight_covid.php for the complete article.
Pag-IBIG Fund offers three-month moratorium on all loans
Pag-IBIG Fund is offering a 3-month moratorium to its member-borrowers in support of President Duterte’s efforts to lead the nation in fighting the COVID-19. Eligible to apply are Pag-IBIG Fund Housing Loan, Multi-Purpose Loan, and Calamity Loan borrowers residing in Luzon and in the National Capital Region (NCR) with payments due on March 16, 2020 until June 15, 2020. Pag-IBIG Fund will start accepting applications once the community quarantine has been lifted while the members may submit their application at the nearest branch until June 15, 2020.
Pag-IBIG offers online application for multi-purpose loan (MPL) and calamity loan
Pag-IBIG’s Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL) and Calamity Loan Applications can now be file via e-mail through Fund Coordinators or Authorized Company Representatives or directly to Pag-IBIG.
Please visit Pag-IBIG official website for updates: https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/
SSS No-Contact Dropbox System
The Social Security System (SSS) implemented a no-contact dropbox system in accepting applications for benefits and loans which started last March 18, 2020, from 9AM to 2PM only.
Steps on how to file an application via dropbox:
- Before going to SSS, members must download the benefit/loan application form/s from the SSS Website and accomplish as required. Please ensure that contact details are up-to-date.
- Photocopy all required supporting documents and place these together with the application form inside a long brown envelope. Only one application per member per envelope is allowed.
- With a marker / pentel pen, write on the front of the envelope the type of benefit claim submitted and the name of the member. Do not write your SS Number outside of the envelope.
- Drop the envelope in the box placed in front of the SSS branch office entrance. The member is requested to leave as soon as he / she has dropped the envelope.
- A designated SSS staff member shall bring in the box periodically to retrieve the documents and review/ process them accordingly.
- The member shall be notified if there are additional documents needed. This may take a few days, depending on the volume of applications.
You may visit the official website of SSS for other updates: www.sss.gov.ph.
List of Temporarily Closed Government Facilities
- Philippine Social Security System (SSS)
- Main Branch
- Luzon Branch
- Makati Branch
- NCR Branches and Luzon Branches
- Regional and Field Offices
The abovementioned government offices are closed until further notice.