- Accounting Alerts
- SEC Extends Deadline for Annual and Quarterly Reports for...
- Deferral of IFRIC Agenda Decision on Over Time Transfer of Constructed Goods (PAS 23) for Real Estate Industry
- Implementation of IFRS 17, Insurance Contracts
- Amendments to Regulations on Financial Audit of Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions
- Navigating the Changes to IFRS 2020
- SEC Memorandum Circular No. 2 - 2020 Filing of Annual Financial Statements and General Information Sheet
- IASB issues Classification of Liabilities as Current or Non-current (Amendments to IAS 1)
- GTI IFRS News Q4 2019
- Insights into PFRS 3: Definition of a Business
- IASB issues Interest Rate Benchmark Reform
- Insights into PFRS 16: Presentation and Disclosure
- Insights into PFRS 16: Lease Payments
- Insurance Commission's Guidelines on Lease Accounting for Insurance and Reinsurance Companies
- GTI IFRS News Q1 2019
- Application Deferral of PIC Q&A 2018-H and 2018-14
- Sustainability Reporting Guidelines for Publicly-Listed Companies
- Insights into PFRS 16: Sale and Leaseback Accounting
- Insights into PFRS 16: Transition Choices
- Use of the New General Information Sheet (GIS) Form
- 2019 Filing of Annual FS and GIS
- Navigating the Changes to IFRS 18
- Insights into PFRS 3: Definition of a Business
- GTI IFRS News Q2 2019
- Rules on Material Related Party Transactions for Publicly-listed Companies
- BOA Repealed Resolutions on FS Compilation Services
- GTI IFRS News Q3 2019
- [UPDATE] Regulatory Relief for Entities Regulated by the Insurance Commission
- Guidelines on Submission by Electronic Mail of Required Forms and Documents and Recognition of Electronic Signature
- Guidelines for the Filing of General Information Sheet (GIS) During the COVID-19 Outbreak and Enhanced Community Quarantine
- Additional Operational Relief for BSFIs Affected by Measures to Manage the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Situation and its Health and Safety Risks
- Alternative Means of Filing Reports, Communications and Other Documents with the SEC
- SEC Relaxes the Requirements for Extension in the Filing of Annual Reports and/or Audited Financial Statements
- Guidelines Covering the Conduct of Business in the Insurance Commission During the Community Quarantine Period
- SEC Issues Guidelines on the Participation in Regular and Special Meetings through Remote Means of Communication
- Regulatory Relief for...
- SEC Extends Deadline for Annual and Quarterly Reports for Companies affected by Covid-19
- Guidelines on Preventative Measures Against...
- 2018 2018
Guidelines on Preventative Measures Against COVID-19 in the Handling of Records at the SEC
This accounting alert is issued to circulate the procedures adopted by the SEC at their Electronic Records Management Division in relation to requests and filing or submission of reports and other documents to SEC.
In accordance with and acting on the directive of the Office of the President to undertake appropriate measures to curtail and eliminate the Covid-19 threat embodied in Proclamation No. 922 dated 8 March 2020, the SEC issues Memorandum Circular No. 07-2020 on March 16, 2020 to circulate the following guidelines in requesting, filing, and submitting reports and other documents to the SEC.
Requests for Plain/Authenticated Copy of SEC Documents
Request and retrieval of SEC documents, both plain and/or authenticated, shall be done through the SEC Express System using the following options:
- Online application. The public may request for SEC documents through a user-friendly, web-based interface that includes online payment and courier delivery of the requested document/s nationwide. The client may log on at www.secexpress.com.
- Call center facility. The public may call Hotline Number (02) 8-737-8888 for request, mode of payment and courier delivery of requested document/s nationwide.
The existing Appointment System and Public Kiosk (ODRS) will be temporarily suspended to avoid face to face contact with the SEC Frontline Employees and the transacting public. All public requests shall pass through Online Application and Call Center Facility.
Filing/Submission of Reports and/or Other Documents to SEC
Filing/submission of reports and other documents through the SEC Express Nationwide Submission (SENS) with the following procedures:
- Client accomplishes and signs the SEC Express Nationwide Submission (checklist with undertaking, available in the SENS website).
- Client attaches the checklist and the undertaking to the documents to be submitted.
- Client proceeds to the courier of his/her choice and may or may not avail of the return copy. Request for return copy may be subject to the availability of service offer by the courier.
- Courier delivers the documents to the SEC Office.
- SEC Receiving Officer shall stamp the documents and "Received", put his initial on the documents and distribute copies of documents to the SEC department concerned.
Filing/submission of reports/documents through the Philippine Postal Corp. or through ordinary mail shall be subject to the following requirements:
- Clients may file their reports/documents through Registered Mail with return card issued by the Philippine Postal Corp. provided, that clients may file their reports/documents through ordinary mail or private courier duly accompanied by an affidavit of service, if registry service is not available in their official place of business.
- For return copy, client shall enclose a self- addressed envelope with sufficient amount of stamp/postage.
The reports/documents submitted to the SEC through registered mail shall be considered filed on the date of mailing as shown by the post office stamp on the envelope or the registry receipt. Reports/documents submitted though ordinary mail or private courier shall be considered filed on the date of actual receipt thereof by the SEC. Validation of forms and contents of reports/documents submitted shall be done by SEC Operating Department requiring the report.
All filings at the Head Office and Satellite Offices shall be temporarily, suspended until further notice.
The SEC Memorandum Circular issued on March 16, 2020 shall take effect immediately.
See attached memorandum circular for the details of this publication.