- Accounting Alerts
- GTI IFRS News Q4 2019
- Insights into PFRS 3: Definition of a Business
- IASB issues Interest Rate Benchmark Reform
- Insights into PFRS 16: Presentation and Disclosure
- Insights into PFRS 16: Lease Payments
- Insurance Commission's Guidelines on Lease Accounting for Insurance and Reinsurance Companies
- GTI IFRS News Q1 2019
- Application Deferral of PIC Q&A 2018-H and 2018-14
- Sustainability Reporting Guidelines for Publicly-Listed Companies
- Insights into PFRS 16: Sale and Leaseback Accounting
- Insights into PFRS 16: Transition Choices
- Use of the New General Information Sheet (GIS) Form
- 2019 Filing of Annual FS and GIS
- Navigating the Changes to IFRS 18
- Insights into PFRS 3: Definition of a Business
- GTI IFRS News Q2 2019
- Rules on Material Related Party Transactions for Publicly-listed Companies
- BOA Repealed Resolutions on FS Compilation Services
- GTI IFRS News Q3 2019
- 2018 2018
SEC Memorandum Circular No. 1, 2019 Filing of Annual Financial Statements and General Information Sheet
This accounting alert provides reminders to all entities registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC or the Commission) in relation to the filing of their 2018 Annual Financial Statements (AFS) and General Information Sheet (GIS).
To maintain an organized and orderly filing of AFS and GIS, the Commission, pursuant to its authority under the Corporation Code and Securities Regulation Code adopt the following measures in the filing of annual reports:
AFS of Companies whose fiscal year ends on December 31, 2018:
- All corporations including branch offices, representative offices, regional headquarters and regional operating headquarters of foreign corporations shall file their AFS depending on the last numerical digit of their SEC registration or license number in accordance with the following schedule:
April 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 : 1 and 2
April 29, 30, May 2 & 3 : 3 and 4
May 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 : 5 and 6
May 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 : 7 and 8
May 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 : 9 and 0
All SEC Satellite Offices and Extension Offices in Cebu, Iloilo and Davao shall be governed also by the above coding schedule in 2019. However, any corporations may file on or before its respective filing dates.
- The above filing schedule shall not apply to the following corporations:
(a) Those whose fiscal year ends on a date other than December 31, 2018. These entities shall file their AFS within 120 calendar days from the end of their fiscal year;
(b) Those whose securities are listed on the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) and those whose securities are registered but not listed in PSE and Public Companies. These entities shall continue to observe the due date of filing of their AFS (within 105 calendar days after the end of fiscal year) as attachment to their Annual Reports (SEC Form 17-A), in accordance with the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Securities Regulation Code;
(c) Those whose AFS are being audited by the Commission on Audit (COA) provided that the following documents are attached to their AFS:
(i) An Affidavit signed by the President and the Treasurer (or Chief Finance Officer, where applicable) attesting to the fact that the company timely provided COA with the financial statements and supporting documents and that the audit of COA has just been concluded; and
(ii) A letter from COA confirming the information provided in the above Affidavit.
- All corporations may file their AFS regardless of the last numerical digit of their registration or license number on or before the first day stated in the coding schedule in paragraph 1 pertaining to said digit;
- Late filings or filing after respective due dates shall be accepted starting June 3, 2019 and shall be subject to the prescribed penalties which shall be computed from the date of the last day of filing schedule stated in paragraph 1;
- The AFS, other than the consolidated financial statements, shall have the stamped “received" by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) or its authorized banks, unless the BIR allows an alternative proof of submissions for its authorized banks (e.g. bank slips);
- The basic components of the AFS as prescribed under SRC Rule 68, as amended, shall be submitted by filers. Failure to comply with any of the formal requirements under said Rule including the prescribed qualifications for independent auditors and/or any material deficiency or misstatement that may be found upon evaluation of the specific contents thereof, shall be considered a sufficient ground for the imposition of penalties by SEC. The acceptance and receipt by the Commission of the financial statements shall be without prejudice to such penalties.
Filing of GIS
All corporations shall file their GIS within 30 calendar days from:
(a) Stock Corporations - date of actual annual stockholders' meeting
(b) Non-Stock Corporations - date of actual annual members' meeting
(c) Foreign Corporations - anniversary date of the issuance of the SEC License.
All corporations may directly file their AFS and GIS in SEC Head Office, PICC Building, all Satellite Offices (Ali Mall-Cubao Quezon City, SM Manila, SM North EDSA, Robinson's Galleria, Muntinlupa City Hall and SM Mall of Asia) and Extension Offices (Cebu, Davao and Iloilo) applying the SEC issued number coding schedule for AFS.
All filers of AFS and GIS, regardless of the number of reports to be filed with the SEC, complying with the circularized SEC-issued number coding schedule (for AFS only) may choose to avail of any of the following options -- SEC Express Nationwide Submission or any courier/regular mail.