- Accounting Alerts
- Extension of Deadline for Submission of Forms/Notices
- Online and Manual Submission of Forms/Notices Pursuant to SEC MC 28-2020
- COVID-19 Accounting Implications for CFOs - Debt Modifications
- Discussion Paper 'Business Combination under Common Control'
- SEC Memorandum Circular No. 32 series of 2020
- SEC Memorandum Circular No. 31 series of 2020
- SEC Memorandum Circular No. 28 series of 2020
- Insights into PFRS 16 - Lease Incentives
- IASB issues Interest Rate Benchmark Reform Phase 2
- IFRIC 23 - Uncertainty Over Income Tax Treatments
- COVID-19 Going Concern Considerations
- Extension of Deadlines and Interim Procedures for the Submission of Printed/Hard Copies of Annual Reports
- IASB Defers the Effective Date of IAS 1 Amendments
- Guidelines on the Electronic Submission of the Annual Report and Audited Financial Statements to BSP
- Filing of Annual Reports During the Temporary Closure of the SEC Main Office until July 26, 2020
- Work Suspension at the SEC Main Office and Extension of Deadlines for Certain Corporations
- Adjustment of Deadlines for Submission of Annual Reports to the SEC and Other Announcements
- Amendments to IFRS 17 and IFRS 4
- Filing of Reports and Other Documents in SEC Main Office during Temporary Closure
- Options for the Submission of Reports, Applications and Other Documents to the SEC During Community Quarantine
- COVID-19 Accounting Considerations for CFOs: Revenue Recognition
- COVID-19 Accounting Considerations for CFOs: Government Grants
- IASB Amends IFRS 16 to Provide Relief for Lessees Accounting for Rent Concessions during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Accounting for Lease Modifications
- SEC Notice on the Opening of SEC Express System and SEC Express Nationwide Submission
- Insurance Commission Circular Letters: Regulatory Reliefs, Online Submission of Reports, and Deferral of IFRS 17 Implementation
- COVID-19 Accounting Implications for CFOs: Impairment of Intangible Assets and Goodwill
- IASB Issues Narrow Scope Amendments to IFRS Standards
- Procedures in the Filing of Audited Financial Statements and General Information Sheet after the Enhanced Community Quarantine
- Extension of Deadline for the Submission of 2020 Annual and Quarterly Reports and AFS of Companies with Fiscal Year Ended January 31 to April 30, 2020
- Understanding the Impact of COVID-19 on 2020 Deferred Tax Provisions
- IASB Proposes Relief for Rent Concessions During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Extension of Period to File the General or Special Form for Financial Statements and Guidelines on Submission by Electronic Mail
- Treatment of Net Unrealized Losses in the EFCDU/FCDU Book for Purposes of Determining Compliance with the EFCDU/FCDU Asset Cover Requirement
- Guidelines on Reclassification of Debt Securities Measured at Fair Value to the Amortized Cost Category for Prudential Reporting to the BSP
- Reporting the Impact of COVID-19 to your Business
- Guidelines on Filing SEC Form 17-LC and 17-C Report
- COVID-19: Financial Reporting and Disclosures
- Reduction in Reserve Requirements
- COVID-19 Outbreak: Accounting Implications
- Guidelines for Filing of Reports through Electronic Mail with the SEC during ECQ Period
- Application of IFRS 9 in Light of the Coronavirus Uncertainty
- [UPDATE] Regulatory Relief for Entities Regulated by the Insurance Commission
- Guidelines on Submission by Electronic Mail of Required Forms and Documents and Recognition of Electronic Signature
- Guidelines for the Filing of General Information Sheet (GIS) During the COVID-19 Outbreak and Enhanced Community Quarantine
- Additional Operational Relief for BSFIs Affected by Measures to Manage the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Situation and its Health and Safety Risks
- Alternative Means of Filing Reports, Communications and Other Documents with the SEC
- SEC Relaxes the Requirements for Extension in the Filing of Annual Reports and/or Audited Financial Statements
- Guidelines Covering the Conduct of Business in the Insurance Commission During the Community Quarantine Period
- SEC Issues Guidelines on the Participation in Regular and Special Meetings through Remote Means of Communication
- Regulatory Relief for...
- SEC Extends Deadline for Annual and Quarterly Reports for Companies affected by Covid-19
- Guidelines on Preventative Measures Against...
- SEC Extends Deadline for Annual and Quarterly Reports for...
- Deferral of IFRIC Agenda Decision on Over Time Transfer of Constructed Goods (PAS 23) for Real Estate Industry
- Implementation of IFRS 17, Insurance Contracts
- Amendments to Regulations on Financial Audit of Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions
- Navigating the Changes to IFRS 2020
- SEC Memorandum Circular No. 2 - 2020 Filing of Annual Financial Statements and General Information Sheet
- IASB issues Classification of Liabilities as Current or Non-current (Amendments to IAS 1)
- GTI IFRS News Q4 2019
- Insights into PFRS 3: Definition of a Business
- IASB issues Interest Rate Benchmark Reform
- Insights into PFRS 16: Presentation and Disclosure
- Insights into PFRS 16: Lease Payments
- Insurance Commission's Guidelines on Lease Accounting for Insurance and Reinsurance Companies
- GTI IFRS News Q1 2019
- Application Deferral of PIC Q&A 2018-H and 2018-14
- Sustainability Reporting Guidelines for Publicly-Listed Companies
- Insights into PFRS 16: Sale and Leaseback Accounting
- Insights into PFRS 16: Transition Choices
- Use of the New General Information Sheet (GIS) Form
- 2019 Filing of Annual FS and GIS
- Navigating the Changes to IFRS 18
- Insights into PFRS 3: Definition of a Business
- GTI IFRS News Q2 2019
- Rules on Material Related Party Transactions for Publicly-listed Companies
- BOA Repealed Resolutions on FS Compilation Services
- GTI IFRS News Q3 2019
- 2018 2018
Insights into IFRS 16
This Accounting Alert is issued to provide key concepts about IFRS 16, Leases, in anticipation of its mandatory adoption beginning January 1, 2019.
SEC Memorandum Circular 2018-14 – PFRS 15 Implementation Issues Affecting Real Estate Industry
This Accounting Alert is issued to provide guidance relating to the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC or the Commission) resolution regarding some implementation issues affecting the real estate industry brought about by the adoption of PFRS 15, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, as discussed in the Memorandum Circular (MC) No. 2018-14 issued by the Commission on October 29, 2018.
Accounting for Client Money
This Accounting Alert is issued to provide guidance on "client money".
Third Quarter Edition of IFRS News
This Accounting Alert is issued to provide quarterly update on all things relating to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). This brings readers up to speed on topical issues, provide comment and points of view and summarizes any significant developments.
Accounting for Crypto Assets
This Accounting Alert follows an earlier IFRS Viewpoint entitled "Accounting for Cryptocurrencies - The Basics" which was issued on May 17, 2018.
Accounting for Cryptocurrencies
Accounting for cryptocurrency assets does not fit easily within the IFRS framework. For reasons which we will explain, our view is that in the majority of cases, it will be appropriate to account for them in accordance with IAS 38 ‘Intangible Assets’ either at cost or at revaluation.
IFRS Alert: Amendment to IAS 19 - Plan Amendment, Curtailment or Settlement
The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) has published ‘Plan Amendment, Curtailment or Settlement (Amendments to IAS 19)’. The amendments require companies to use updated actuarial assumptions to determine pension expenses following changes to a defined benefit pension plan.
GTIL IFRS News First Quarter 2018 Edition
This Accounting Alert is issued to provide quarterly update on all things relating to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
2018 Filing of Annual Financial Statements and General Information Sheet
This Accounting Alert provides reminders to all entities registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC or the Commission) in relation to the filing of their 2016 Annual Financial Statements (AFS) and General Information Sheet (GIS).