- Accounting Alerts
- SEC Extends Deadline for Annual and Quarterly Reports for...
- Deferral of IFRIC Agenda Decision on Over Time Transfer of Constructed Goods (PAS 23) for Real Estate Industry
- Implementation of IFRS 17, Insurance Contracts
- Amendments to Regulations on Financial Audit of Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions
- Navigating the Changes to IFRS 2020
- SEC Memorandum Circular No. 2 - 2020 Filing of Annual Financial Statements and General Information Sheet
- IASB issues Classification of Liabilities as Current or Non-current (Amendments to IAS 1)
- GTI IFRS News Q4 2019
- Insights into PFRS 3: Definition of a Business
- IASB issues Interest Rate Benchmark Reform
- Insights into PFRS 16: Presentation and Disclosure
- Insights into PFRS 16: Lease Payments
- Insurance Commission's Guidelines on Lease Accounting for Insurance and Reinsurance Companies
- GTI IFRS News Q1 2019
- Application Deferral of PIC Q&A 2018-H and 2018-14
- Sustainability Reporting Guidelines for Publicly-Listed Companies
- Insights into PFRS 16: Sale and Leaseback Accounting
- Insights into PFRS 16: Transition Choices
- Use of the New General Information Sheet (GIS) Form
- 2019 Filing of Annual FS and GIS
- Navigating the Changes to IFRS 18
- Insights into PFRS 3: Definition of a Business
- GTI IFRS News Q2 2019
- Rules on Material Related Party Transactions for Publicly-listed Companies
- BOA Repealed Resolutions on FS Compilation Services
- GTI IFRS News Q3 2019
- COVID-19 Outbreak: Accounting Implications
- Guidelines for Filing of Reports through Electronic Mail with the SEC during ECQ Period
- Application of IFRS 9 in Light of the Coronavirus Uncertainty
- [UPDATE] Regulatory Relief for Entities Regulated by the Insurance Commission
- Guidelines on Submission by Electronic Mail of Required Forms and Documents and Recognition of Electronic Signature
- Guidelines for the Filing of General Information Sheet (GIS) During the COVID-19 Outbreak and Enhanced Community Quarantine
- Additional Operational Relief for BSFIs Affected by Measures to Manage the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Situation and its Health and Safety Risks
- Alternative Means of Filing Reports, Communications and Other Documents with the SEC
- SEC Relaxes the Requirements for Extension in the Filing of Annual Reports and/or Audited Financial Statements
- Guidelines Covering the Conduct of Business in the Insurance Commission During the Community Quarantine Period
- SEC Issues Guidelines on the Participation in Regular and Special Meetings through Remote Means of Communication
- Regulatory Relief for...
- SEC Extends Deadline for Annual and Quarterly Reports for Companies affected by Covid-19
- Guidelines on Preventative Measures Against...
- 2018 2018
SEC Memorandum Circular No. 1 (Series of 2016), 2016 Filing of Annual Financial Statements and General Information Sheet
January 15, 2016
This Accounting Alert provides reminders to all entities registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC or the Commission) in relation to the filing of their 2016 Annual Financial Statements (AFS) and General Information Sheet (GIS).
On January 11, 2016, the Commission, pursuant to its authority under the Corporation Code of the Philippines and Securities Regulation Code, adopt the following measures in the filing of the AFS of the companies whose fiscal year ended on December 31, 2015 and their GIS:
1. All corporations including branch offices, representative offices, regional headquarters and regional operating headquarters of foreign corporations, that file their AFS and GIS at the Commission’s Head Office in Mandaluyong City, Satellite Offices, Davao, Cebu, Iloilo and Baguio Extension Offices shall, depending on the last numerical digit of their SEC registration or license number, be governed by the following schedule in the filing period for 2016:
April 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 : “1”, “2”
April 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 : “3”, “4”
May 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 : “5”, “6”
May 10, 11, 12, 13 : “7”, “8”
May 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 : “9”, “0”
2. The above filing schedule shall not apply to the following corporations:
(a) Those whose fiscal year ends on a date other than December 31, 2015. These entities shall file their AFS within 120 calendar days from the end of their fiscal year;
(b) Those whose securities are listed on the Philippine Stock Exchange. These entities shall continue to observe the due date of filing of their AFS as attachment to their Annual Reports (SEC Form 17-A), in accordance with the implementing Rules and Regulations of the Securities Regulation Code;
(c) Those whose AFS are being audited by the Commission on Audit (COA) provided that the following documents are attached to their AFS:
(i) An Affidavit signed by the President and the Treasurer (or Chief Finance Officer, where applicable) attesting to the fact that the supporting documents and that the audit of COA has just been concluded; and,
(ii) A letter from COA confirming the information provided in the above Affidavit.
3. Prior to April 18, 2016, all corporations may file their AFS regardless of the last numerical digit of their registration or license number;
4. Late filings shall be accepted starting May 23, 2016 and shall be subject to the prescribed penalties which shall be computed from the date of the last day of the required filing schedule;
5. The AFS, other than the consolidated financial statements, shall have the stamped “received by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) or its authorized banks, unless the BIR allows an alternative proof of submissions for its authorized banks (e.g. bank slips).
6. The basic components as prescribed under SRC Rule 68, as amended, shall be submitted by filers. Failure to comply with any of the formal requirements under said Rule including the prescribed qualifications for independent auditors and/or any material deficiency or misstatement that may be found upon evaluation of the specific contents thereof, shall be considered a sufficient ground for the imposition of penalties by SEC. The acceptance and receipt by the Commission of the financial statements shall be without prejudice to such penalties.
7. For other important and alternative filing procedures through the SEC Express Nationwide Submission and through Courier/Regular Mail, refer to the attached copy of the SEC MC No. 1.
See attached Accounting Alert for the details of this development.