- Accounting Alerts
- SEC Extends Deadline for Annual and Quarterly Reports for...
- Deferral of IFRIC Agenda Decision on Over Time Transfer of Constructed Goods (PAS 23) for Real Estate Industry
- Implementation of IFRS 17, Insurance Contracts
- Amendments to Regulations on Financial Audit of Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions
- Navigating the Changes to IFRS 2020
- SEC Memorandum Circular No. 2 - 2020 Filing of Annual Financial Statements and General Information Sheet
- IASB issues Classification of Liabilities as Current or Non-current (Amendments to IAS 1)
- GTI IFRS News Q4 2019
- Insights into PFRS 3: Definition of a Business
- IASB issues Interest Rate Benchmark Reform
- Insights into PFRS 16: Presentation and Disclosure
- Insights into PFRS 16: Lease Payments
- Insurance Commission's Guidelines on Lease Accounting for Insurance and Reinsurance Companies
- GTI IFRS News Q1 2019
- Application Deferral of PIC Q&A 2018-H and 2018-14
- Sustainability Reporting Guidelines for Publicly-Listed Companies
- Insights into PFRS 16: Sale and Leaseback Accounting
- Insights into PFRS 16: Transition Choices
- Use of the New General Information Sheet (GIS) Form
- 2019 Filing of Annual FS and GIS
- Navigating the Changes to IFRS 18
- Insights into PFRS 3: Definition of a Business
- GTI IFRS News Q2 2019
- Rules on Material Related Party Transactions for Publicly-listed Companies
- BOA Repealed Resolutions on FS Compilation Services
- GTI IFRS News Q3 2019
- COVID-19 Outbreak: Accounting Implications
- Guidelines for Filing of Reports through Electronic Mail with the SEC during ECQ Period
- Application of IFRS 9 in Light of the Coronavirus Uncertainty
- [UPDATE] Regulatory Relief for Entities Regulated by the Insurance Commission
- Guidelines on Submission by Electronic Mail of Required Forms and Documents and Recognition of Electronic Signature
- Guidelines for the Filing of General Information Sheet (GIS) During the COVID-19 Outbreak and Enhanced Community Quarantine
- Additional Operational Relief for BSFIs Affected by Measures to Manage the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Situation and its Health and Safety Risks
- Alternative Means of Filing Reports, Communications and Other Documents with the SEC
- SEC Relaxes the Requirements for Extension in the Filing of Annual Reports and/or Audited Financial Statements
- Guidelines Covering the Conduct of Business in the Insurance Commission During the Community Quarantine Period
- SEC Issues Guidelines on the Participation in Regular and Special Meetings through Remote Means of Communication
- Regulatory Relief for...
- SEC Extends Deadline for Annual and Quarterly Reports for Companies affected by Covid-19
- Guidelines on Preventative Measures Against...
- 2018 2018
PRC BOA amended Resolution No. 3-2016
March 30, 2016
This Accounting Alert is issued to provide information about the recently released Board of Accountancy (BOA) Resolution No. 68-2016, Amending Resolution No. 3, Series of 2016, entitled "Requirement for the Submission of Certificate by the Responsible Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) on the Compilation Services for the Preparation of Financial Statements (FS) and Notes thereto," Mandating External Auditors to Monitor Compliance thereto, and for other purposes.
The amendments, among others, are as follows:
- extension of the deadline for the filing of application for accreditation by CPAs in commerce and industry from February 29, 2016 to April 30, 2016
- application within one month after the date of hiring of certifying CPAs who are hired after the April 30, 2016 deadline
- release of Certificates of Accreditation of applicants with undertaking to comply with the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement until June 30, 2016 will only be made upon submission of proof of compliance therewith
- accredited CPA who retire, resign or be dismissed or separated from current employment shall notify the Standards and Inspection Division (SID) of PRC within one yearfrom severance of employment; if the same CPA os subsequently re-employed and will be the certifying CPA of the new employer, such CPA shall apply for accreditation with BOA under the new employer within one month from hiring date
- certifying CPAs who also concurrently perform compilation services for other related companies/persons shall file only an application for accreditation for the employer; however, the CPAs shall indicate in the "Detailed Description of Work" the following:
- names of the other companies in which the CPA is also doing compilation services, and,
- that the preparation of the FS of such companies are also the responsibility and duty of the CPA
- failure of the audit client to engage a duly accredited CPA who is responsible for preparing the FS,
- non-attachment of the Certificate in the annual statutory FS, and,
- other violations of aforementioned BOA resolutions and any subsequent amendments thereto'
See attached copy of BOA Resolution 68-2016.
P&A Accounting Alerts are issued to keep our clients updated with the latest developments in financial reporting. These are not intended to be a substitute for professional advise. If you would like to unsubscribe, or add a colleague or a friend to our mailing list, please let us know by return e-mail. For inquiries and suggestions on how the Accounting Alert may be even more useful to you, e-mail Mabel.Comedia@ph.gt.com or Jerald.Sanchez@ph.gt.com or call 988-2288.