Wowie Roguel is a Partner of the Tax Division. He is also the Head of Japan Desk of the firm.
Wowie has been in public accounting since he started his professional career in 1995. He has gained solid experience in the audit of local and multinational companies from a wide range of industries. He initially joined P&A Grant Thornton's Tax Advisory and Compliance division as a tax semi-senior, supervising engagements that determined clients' compliance with tax rules and regulations. He represents clients in tax cases before the Bureau of Internal Revenue and the Department of Finance; addresses queries on tax and other corporate concerns, handles registration matters and other requirements for doing business in the Philippines, and conducts research on issues affecting individual and corporate taxpayers.
- Chairperson for SOASP & Scholarship, Association of Certified Public Accountants in Commerce and Industry
- Former President, Association of Certified Public Accountants in Commerce and Industry
- Member, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Association of Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice
- Member, Tax Management Association of the Philippines
- Certified public accountant
- Founders Award, the highest form of recognition of team excellence at P&A Grant Thornton
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Polytechnic University of the Philippines