Nelson is the Deputy Head of the Audit & Assurance Division of P&A Grant Thornton.
Besides handling client-servicing responsibilities from our main office in Makati, Nelson is also the partner-in-charge of the Firm’s Calabarzon (Cavite-Laguna-Batangas-Rizal-Quezon) operations.
Nelson has been in public accounting since he started his professional career in 1998, and has gained extensive experience in the audit of local and multinational companies in a wide range of industries. He was the lead partner of the special teams that won the 2015 and 2014 Founders’ Award, the highest form of recognition for team excellence at P&A Grant Thornton. In 2009, he received the Primus Award, the highest form of recognition of individual excellence at the Firm
Nelson spent two years in the United States working with the Los Angeles office of Grant Thornton, where he handled financial audit and Sarbanes-Oxley engagements for US publicly listed companies.
Nelson has been a regular resource speaker on various PICPA, ACPAPP, and P&A public seminars.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member and Past Director & Treasurer, Association of CPAs in Public Practice (ACPAPP)
- Trustee and Treasurer, Association of CPAs in Public Practice (ACPAPP) Foundation
- Past Trustee and Treasurer, ACPAPP Foundation
- Member, Institute of Management Accountants
- Third placer, 1998 CPA Licensure Examination
- Certified Public Accountant (USA and Philippines)
- Strategic Management Program, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Master's degree in Management, with excellent rating for comprehensive research report, Asian Institute of Management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, magna cum laude, Holy Angel University