Nelson Dinio is the Deputy Head of the Audit & Assurance Division of P&A Grant Thornton.
Besides handling client-servicing responsibilities from P&A’s main office in Makati, he is also the Partner-in-charge of the Firm’s CALABARZON operations.
Nelson has been in public accounting since he started his professional career in 1998, and has gained extensive experience in the audit of local and multinational companies in a wide range of industries. He was the lead partner of the special teams that won the 2015 and 2014 Founders’ Award, the highest form of recognition for team excellence at P&A. In 2009, he received the Primus Award, the highest form of recognition of individual excellence, also at P&A.
Nelson spent two years in the United States working with the Los Angeles office of Grant Thornton where he handled financial audit and Sarbanes-Oxley engagements for US publicly-listed companies.
Nelson has been a regular resource speaker in various seminars of PICPA, ACPAPP, and P&A.
Manufacturing, real estate development, information technology, hotel and casino, entertainment, mining, non-profit organizations, educational institutions, wholesale and retail trading, PEZA-registered entities, microfinance companies and fund audits.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member and Past Director & Treasurer, Association of CPAs in Public Practice (ACPAPP)
- Past Trustee and Treasurer, Association of CPAs in Public Practice (ACPAPP) Foundation
- Member, Institute of Management Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant (USA and Philippines)
- Third placer, 1998 CPA Licensure Examination
- Strategic Management Program, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Master's degree in Management, with excellent rating for comprehensive research report, Asian Institute of Management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Magna Cum Laude, Holy Angel University