Mhycke Gallego is a Partner for Advisory and Knowledge Management Head of the Firm. He is also Grant Thornton's Asia Pacific leader for business risk services.
As a risk assurance professional, Mhycke provides assurance, advice, and insight to address clients' needs on operational improvements, risk and regulations, talent and development, growth strategy, ethics and integrity, sustainability, and stakeholder programs. Mhycke has been involved in internal audits, governance and risk, learning and development, human capital, and transaction work of companies within the Philippines and the Asia Pacific region. Mhycke is also involved in the people planning and talent development programs within the Firm.
Mhycke began his career as a financial and information system auditor with P&A Grant Thornton, and moved to a global building materials company holding key roles in internal audit, internal control, Sarbanes-Oxley, due diligence, and post-merger integration as an expatriate to their offices in the United Kingdom, Spain, and the Philippines. He returned to P&A Grant Thornton in 2011.
- Chair of Metro Manila Region - Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Director - Institute of Internal Auditors - Philippines
- Former President, Former Vice President, Former Chairperson for Governance Committee, Former Co-chair Standard and Technical Research Committee, Former Chairman of Academe Committee - Institute of Internal Auditors - Philippines
- Past President, Ex-Officio and Chairman for Professional Development of Northern Metro Manila Chapter - Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former chair of the Accountancy Week Committee and Former Assistant Treasurer of Metro Manila Region - Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member - ISACA Manila Chapter
- Member - Investment House of Association of the Philippines
- Member - Philippine Association of Management Accountants
- Member - Philippine Society for Training and Development
- 2017 Most Outstanding CPA in Public Practice, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- 2016 Special Achievement Awardee in Professional Development, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified sustainability practitioner
- Certified public accountant
- Certified internal auditor
- Certified management consultant
- Certification in control self-assessment
- Certification in risk management assurance
- Certification in risk and information systems control
- Joint Executive Education in International Management, Stanford University Graduate School of Business (USA), INSEAD (France), and EGADE Tecnologico de Monterrey (Mexico)
- Management Development Program, Asian Institute of Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Accountancy), cum laude, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila