Mhycke Gallego is a Partner and Advisory Leader, and the Knowledge Management Head, of Punongbayan & Araullo (P&A Grant Thornton). He also served as the Asia Pacific leader for Business Risk Services of Grant Thornton.
Mhycke provides business risk advisory focusing on strategy and governance, risk and controls, sustainability and operational improvements, and talent and development.
Mhycke has been involved in internal audits, governance, risk and compliance (GRC), learning and human capital development, and transaction advisory work in the Philippines and the Asia Pacific region. His more than 25 years' experience in both public accounting and private companies covered various industries, including construction and real estate, industrial and consumer products, education, financial services, and energy and power.
In the private sector, he was involved in internal audit and control, shared service operation, Sarbanes-Oxley and post merger integration roles with a global building materials company and was expatriated to their UK, Spain and Philippine offices.
- Director and Vice President for Public Practice, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Chair of Metro Manila Region, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Past President, Ex-Officio and Chairman for Professional Development of Northern Metro Manila Chapter, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Former Chair of the Accountancy Week Committee and Former Assistant Treasurer of Metro Manila Region, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Director and Past President, Institute of Internal Auditors Philippines
- Former President, Former Vice President, Former Chairperson for Governance Committee, Former Co-chair Standard and Technical Research Committee, Former Chairman of Academe Committee, Institute of Internal Auditors Philippines
- Member, Philippine Society for Talent Development
- Member, Institute of Corporate Directors
- Member, ISACA Manila Chapter
- Member, Investment House of Association of the Philippines
- Member, Philippine Association of Management Accountants
- 2017 Most Outstanding CPA in Public Practice, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- 2016 Special Achievement Awardee in Professional Development, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Management Consultant
- Certified Sustainability Professional
- Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer
- Certification in Control Self-assessment
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance
- Certification in Risk and Information Systems Control
- Master Project Manager
- ASEAN Chartered Professional Accountant
- Joint Executive Education in International Management, Stanford University Graduate School of Business (USA), INSEAD (France), and EGADE Tecnologico de Monterrey (Mexico)
- Professional Directors Program, Institute of Corporate Directors
- Management Development Program, Asian Institute of Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Accountancy), Cum Laude, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila