Marivic Españo succeeded P&A Founder Ben Punongbayan as Chairperson of the Firm, even as she continues her role as Chief Executive Officer. Marivic brings to her post extensive experience in taxation and organizational management. She joined P&A Grant Thornton in 1997 and was admitted to partnership in 1999. She was appointed Head of Tax Division in 2003, which she headed for five years. In 2009, she expanded her role to Managing Partner and Chief Operating Officer, subsequently becoming Chief Executive Officer after two years.
As a practitioner, Marivic has wide-range experience in the field of taxation. She has provided comprehensive tax services to local and multinational clients, covering tax consultancy, outsourcing, expatriate tax services, tax compliance reviews and assesments. She has also conducted tax due diligence reviews for significant acquisitions and provided tax advisory services in the government's privatization projects.
Prior to joining P&A Grant Thornton, she was a tax manager in a leading construction firm. Marivic served as chief legislative staff officer of the Senate Tax Study & Research office, and legislative liaison specialist of the Department of Finance, where she was actively involved in the formulation of significant tax legilations such as the expanded value-added tax and the comprehensive tax reform program.
- Former President, Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines
- Former Chairman of Professional Development Committee, Financial Executives of the Philippines
- Former Chairperson, Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines Foundation
- Former Director, Association of Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice
- Member of Board of Governors, Grant Thornton International, Ltd.
- Fellow and Former Chairman of Membership Committee, Institute of Corporate Directors
- Member, Makati Business Club
- Governor and Former Committee Chairman for Trade and Industry, Management Association of the Philippines
- Former Vice Chair of Trade Investment & Tourism for Investment Committee and EASE Doing Business
- Member of EMMC Board of Advisers, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former President of Eastern Metro Manila Chapter, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Vice President for Operations and National Director, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Bishop-Businessmen's Conference for Human Development
- Member, European Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Associate Coach, International Coaching Federation
- Member, Philippine-Japan Economic Society, Inc.
- Member, Rotary Club of Makati Poblacion
- Former Trustee, Shareholders' Association of the Philippine Inc. (SharePHIL)
- Member, Women's Business Council Phils., Inc.
- Certified public accountant
- 2020 Outstanding Professional of the Year in the field of Accountancy, Professional Regulation Commission
- 2015 Eminent PNU Almuni, Philippine Normal University
- 2013 ATOM Awardee, Manila Science High School
- 2011 Most Outstanding CPA in Public Practice, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Anvil Award of Merit for "New Accounting Standards and Income Tax Reporting: A Study of Difference," 43rd Anvil Awards
- P&A Founders Award, the highest form of recognition for team excellence
- GT Strategic Leadership Program, Saïd School of Business, Oxford University
- Advanced Management Program, Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania
- Leadership Program, Harvard University
- Top Management Program, Asian Institute of Management
- Master's degree in Accountancy, Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics for teachers, Cum Laude, Philippine Normal University