Maria Victoria C. Españo (Marivic) is the Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of Punongbayan & Araullo (P&A Grant Thornton), one of the Philippines' leading professional services firms providing audit, accounting, advisory, and tax services and a member firm within Grant Thornton International Ltd.
Marivic brings to her post extensive experience in taxation and organizational management. She joined P&A Grant Thornton in 1997 and was admitted to the partnership in 1999. Before joining P&A Grant Thornton, she worked with the Department of Finance, Senate of the Philippines, and Atlantic, Gulf & Pacific.
Marivic is a Philippine Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Management Accountant (Australia), Associate Certified Coach of the International Coach Federation and a Fellow of the Institute of Corporate Directors. She is recognized by the Philippine Professional Regulation Commission as the 2020 Outstanding Professional in the Field of Accountancy.
In addition to her role at P&A Grant Thornton, Marivic is a Board Governor of Management Association of the Philippines for 2020–2021, Trustee of Shareholders’ Association of the Philippines for 2019-2022, and a Fellow and Trustee of the Institute of Corporate Directors. Previously, Marivic was the 2018 President of the Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines. From 2018–2019, she also served as Chairperson of the Metro Manila Regional Council of the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants, while from 2015 to 2019, she was a member of the Board of Governors of Grant Thornton International Ltd.
A true believer of continuing learning and development, she has completed her Master’s Degree in Accountancy at the Polytechnic University of the Philippines and had attended various executive programs at the Asian Institute of Management, Wharton Business School of the University of Pennsylvania, and the Saïd School of Business, Oxford University. She obtained her undergraduate degree in Mathematics for Teachers from the Philippine Normal University under a national government scholarship.
- Former President, Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines
- Former Chairman of Professional Development Committee, Financial Executives of the Philippines
- Former Chairperson, Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines Foundation
- Former Director, Association of Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice
- Member of Board of Governors, Grant Thornton International, Ltd.
- Fellow and Former Chairman of Membership Committee, Institute of Corporate Directors
- Member, Makati Business Club
- Governor and Former Committee Chairman for Trade and Industry, Management Association of the Philippines
- Former Vice Chair of Trade Investment & Tourism for Investment Committee and EASE Doing Business
- Member of EMMC Board of Advisers, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former President of Eastern Metro Manila Chapter, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Vice President for Operations and National Director, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Bishop-Businessmen's Conference for Human Development
- Member, European Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Associate Coach, International Coaching Federation
- Member, Philippine-Japan Economic Society, Inc.
- Member, Rotary Club of Makati Poblacion
- Former Trustee, Shareholders' Association of the Philippine Inc. (SharePHIL)
- Member, Women's Business Council Phils., Inc.
- Certified public accountant
- 2020 Outstanding Professional of the Year in the field of Accountancy, Professional Regulation Commission
- 2015 Eminent PNU Almuni, Philippine Normal University
- 2013 ATOM Awardee, Manila Science High School
- 2011 Most Outstanding CPA in Public Practice, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Anvil Award of Merit for "New Accounting Standards and Income Tax Reporting: A Study of Difference," 43rd Anvil Awards
- P&A Founders Award, the highest form of recognition for team excellence
- GT Strategic Leadership Program, Saïd School of Business, Oxford University
- Advanced Management Program, Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania
- Leadership Program, Harvard University
- Top Management Program, Asian Institute of Management
- Master's degree in Accountancy, Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics for teachers, Cum Laude, Philippine Normal University