Lina Figueroa is a Principal of the Tax Division and Head of Tax Technical and Training Group. Lina has a wide-ranging experience in providing tax advisory services and in assisting clients in handling their tax assessments and various compliance issues with the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), local government, and other regulatory agencies.
Prior to joining P&A Grant Thornton, Lina was a chief technical officer at the indirect taxes branch of the Senate Tax Study and Research Office. She was also an assistant chief at the Research and Information Division of the Department of Finance, and worked as senior tax specialist at the National Tax Research Center. Lina also worked as a consultant in various USAID projects in public finance and local tax administration, and taught economics subjects in college. While in the executive and legislative branches of government, she provided technical assistance in the legislation of significant tax measures such as the 1997 Comprehensive Tax Reform Program and the VAT and excise tax reforms.
- Member, Philippine Software Industry Association
- Member, Tax Management Association Philippines
- Primus Awardee, P&A Grant Thornton
- Management Development Program, Asian Institute of Management
- Master's degree in Commerce and Business Economics, University of Santo Tomas
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, University of the Philippines – Diliman