Janis Medina-Maghinay has more than 15 years of experience in accounting and advisory work. She started her career in auditing and then shifted to consulting work, handling financial advisories, share valuations, forecasting and modeling, review of financial projections, market and feasibility studies, and project briefs for a wide range of companies and industries. Janis shifted to finance and accounting outsourcing in 2010 and had monitoring responsibility over accounting and secondment engagements. She currently heads the Business Development Unit of the Firm.
Janis also participated in Grant Thornton’s Advanced Managers Program, which was designed for senior managers with partner potential, where participants immerse in leadership and management skills. In 2014, Janis was honored with the Primus Award, the highest form of recognition for individual performance at P&A Grant Thornton.
- National President, The Association of Certified Public Accountants in Commerce and Industry (ACPACI)
- Executive Vice President and Director for Professional Development, Association of Certified Public Accountants in Commerce and Industry
- Member, People Management Association of the Philippines
- Member, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ninth placer, May 1999 CPA Licensure Examination
- 2014 Primus Award, P&A Grant Thornton
- Advanced Managers Program, Grant Thornton International, Ltd.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, Cum Laude, De La Salle University