Endel Mata is a Partner in the Audit & Assurance Division of P&A Grant Thornton.
Endel has been in public accounting since he started his professional career in 2007. He has extensive experience in the financial audits of local and multinational companies in a wide range of industries. He also has significant experience in conducting initial public offering (IPO) audits, M&A, and financial due-diligence procedures.
As part of P&A’s global secondment program, Endel spent a year and a half in the United States (US), where he worked for the New York office of Grant Thornton LLP. While in the US, he handled financial audits of various companies engaged in commercial and industrial activities. He also obtained experience in Sarbanes-Oxley engagements.
Endel was also a core member of the respective engagement teams that won the Founders’ Award, the highest form of recognition for team excellence at P&A, as lead partner in 2020 and as lead manager in 2016 and 2014.
Gaming and hospitality, real estate and construction, petroleum, food and beverage, technology, mining, pharmaceutical and healthcare, manufacturing, professional services and BPOs, retail and distribution, logistics, as well as non-stock, non-profit organizations.
- Member, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Association of Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice
Education and Professional Qualification
- Certified Public Accountant (Passed the CPA board examination in October 2007)
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) degree, major in finance, Asian Institute of Management – with Distinction (also obtained a clean pass rating for his comprehensive management research report or thesis, and passed the Chartered Financial Analyst, Level 1 examination during his MBA course)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, with Academic Distinction, San Beda College – Manila