Ben is a leader in the Philippine accounting profession, with over 60 years of experience in public accounting. In 1988, he founded Punongbayan & Araullo (P&A). Today, P&A Grant Thornton is one of the largest public accounting firms in the Philippines, with 24 partners, over 1000 staff members, and four offices around the country.
- Former President, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Former President, Association of Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice
- Former Governor and Treasurer, Management Association of the Philippines
- Former President, Rotary Club of Makati East
- Former Chairman, Audit & Assurance Standards Council
- Co-Chair National Issues and Legislative Committee, Director and Internal Auditor, Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Member, American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines, Inc.
- Member, Makati Business Club
- Member, Philippine-Japan Economics Cooperation Committee, Inc.
- Member, The Wallace Business Forum, Inc.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Outstanding Professional of the Year in the Field of Accountancy, Professional Regulation Commission
- Hall of Fame Award, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Association of Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice
- Most Outstanding CPA in Public Practice, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Outstanding Manilan of the Year, City of Manila
- Diamond Jubilee Outstanding Alumnus, Far Eastern University
- Outstanding Alumni Awardee, Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- Anvil Award of Merit, Public Relations Society of the Philippines, for the publication New Accounting Standards and Income Tax Reporting: A Study of Differences
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Wharton Graduate School, University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Far Eastern University
- Associate in Commercial Science with Highest Honors, Philippine College of Commerce (now Polytechnic University of the Philippines)
- Co-author, New Accounting Standards and Income Tax Reporting: A Study of Differences
- Various commentaries published in BusinessWorld and The Manila Times